Excuse the messy edges and take in my latest stab at a DIY manicure. After seeing all these quirky and creative looks on Pinterest, I decided to make an attempt (instead of live vicarious through Pinterest-ers) using some OPI, Kiko Milano and good ol’ Scotch tape.
- Base layer: 2 coat of Kiko Milano’s #371 (a taupe with an iridescent gold shimmer)
- Top layer: 1 coat of OPI’s Curry Up Don’t Be Late (a light gold)
You can opt to use other colors (i.e. watermelon pink and mint, black and white, etc.) and different patterns (i.e. diagonals, stripes, etc.) - the point is to use your Scotch tape creatively!
- Paint your nails with your base coat color (1 or 2 coats, not too thick)
- Wait until dry — Then, cover the parts of your nail that you DON’T want your top layer color on
- Paint the parts uncovered by the tape
- Wait until dry — Pull off the tape and voila!
* Side note: Be careful when pulling off the tape! Sometimes the tape doesn’t always pull completely off, leaving you with tape residue on your mani. Try making the tape less sticky before using!
tagged as: manicure. nails. nail art. OPI.