Below are some products that I’m currently lusting after — I just felt the need to share some modern takes on classic beauty staples! Enjoy!
MAC Ruffian Naked Lipstick
Cause if anyone can properly execute a nude lip, MAC can.
Deborah Lippmann’s Let’s Go Crazy
I like Deborah Lippmann. I like going crazy. I like the looks of this polish cause it looks plain CRAZY. (I also want every polish DB makes…forever.)
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream
Specifically #13 Warm Beige because it’s a shimmery champagne color that’s completely wearable for everyday. But then again… I said this about both my Naked palettes and countless eyeshadows from Rimmel, NARS, etc.
Butter London’s Wallis
I mean, HELLO AUTUMN.
Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Eyes (19L)
Cause honestly, even jet black eyeliner can get redundant.
Sephora Silicone Free Foundation Primer
Potentially a cure for the giant SOS our skin is sending us. Cheaper than LORAC’s non-silicone primer, but is it worth a try? Hmm…
So we’re officially in the double digits of August (how depressing, I know) and hopefully all you ladies are at your peak tan-wise. (And if not, we can fix that seamlessly, don’t worry.)
Here’s a run-down of the 7 essentials you need in your makeup bag that will get you through labor day. The list encompasses products that will complement your tan and combat those sauna-like end-of-summer days.
1) An oil-free primer. If you decide to layer on that foundation during the summer months, make sure you’re using an oil-free (and/or water based primer). The last thing you need is a heavy primer that’ll clog your pores! Try LORAC’s aquaPRIME foundation primer — it’s silicone & paraben free.
2) An illuminator. Brighten up your complexion in one fell swoop with an illuminator that highlights and makes skin glow (even more!). Try NARS Orgasm Illuminator for a peachy/pink/golden flush.
3) Waterproof mascara. Does this even need an explanation? L’OREAL makes a good one and it’s easy on your wallet too!
4) An eyeshadow that complements your tan. I find that I tend to stray away from things like the smokey eye in the summer and opt for shimmery golds, peaches and pinks. The shimmer and the light colors brighten up your eyes and make you look awake — not to mention simply complement a golden tan! NARS makes a great duo called “Hula Hula”.
5) A good bronzer. For those playing catch up or have been stuck indoors a lot this summer (like myself) — a solid bronzer has never done anyone wrong. MAC Bronzing Powder gives you the glow with no sign of any orange. It has a light shimmer to it! What’s not to love?
6) Waterproof liquid eyeliner. People were going batshit crazy when Make Up Forever came out with their Aqua Liner for summer. And honestly, it makes the “tried and true” list because of its staying power and great definition. Definitely worth the investment.
7) Makeup setting spray. Another worthy investment: Urban Decay’s All Nighter spray. 3 simple spritzes after makeup has been applied and dried keeps you good for at least 12 hours — not matter what the weather conditions are.
MAC Bronzing Powder
Cause let’s face it, it’s winter and we’re all pale. Unless, of course, you’re lucky enough to live in Cali or Florida or somewhere wonderfully tropical.
Pros: blends naturally, does not make you orange (promise), has a light shimmer
Cons: has a light shimmer (because some people aren’t really fond of that)
$23 at MAC