In the midst of a beauty world with options such as cherry red lipstick, firecracker glitter nail polish, teal eyeliner and hot pink kabuki blush, sometimes it’s nice to go back to basics. And what better time to return than fall? September marks the time to complement the tan you worked so hard for and accentuate your best features with an effortless disguise. Here’s a running list of some products for oomph while staying au naturale:
China Glaze’s Fast Track
Originally from the Hunger Games-inspired collection, this nude shade (with bits of gold shimmer) goes with any outfit while remaining neutral enough for a job interview.
Jouer SPF 15 Lip Sheer in Capri
This one always makes me feel like I’m wearing lipstick without the commitment of wearing lipstick. It’s sheerness and baby pink color makes itsuper natural and wearable everyday without having to touch up every 5 minutes.
Smashbox Eye Beam Double Ended Brightener
This pencil is my dream come true. I’m obsessed with highlighting my browbone, the inner corners of my eyes and lining the rims…and guess what? This one DOES IT ALL. #winning
Rimmel Glam’Eyes Trio Eyeshadow in Orion A more affordable option than the Naked Palette — good for quick & easy on a daily basis. Use the lightest shade for a highlight, the darkest for the crease and the medium to blend it out!
Urban Decay Naked Palette (1)
Cause the original is always the best. I use all shades on a regular basis (minus the 3 to the right) and am running out, using my Naked 2 and weeping. #semiwhitegirlproblems
Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener
Looking awake is going to be important and a priority, especially when classes start. Save the kohl-rimmed eyes for the bar and opt for a lighter option during the day. Thank you, Tarte, just thank you.
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup
The name of the product is kind of a spoiler in its own right. Weightless? Check. Naked skin? Check. Ultra definition….maybe is Urban Decay lingo for a matte finish with luminosity.
This chilly August day + a lunch break spent perusing beauty articles has inspired me to jot down the 5 musts for the imminent autumn season.
1) Make use of more natural tones as well as earthy and cool colors when doing eye makeup — think purple, dark green, bronze, blue, etc
StyleCaster does an excellent job in choosing fall products here!
2) Swap your bronzer for your blush — Be sure to sweep the cheekbones and not so much the apples of your cheeks to give your face some nice contouring
3) Equip yourself with a good daily moisturizer for the colder months
4) Treat yourself to a nice daily lipstick — something you can wear to school & work, like a versatile pink or mauve
5) Invest in gel manicures — with busy schedules, it’s hard to find time to do your nails/head to your manicurist; gel manicures last for about 3 weeks and stay perfectly put and chip-free